Part of the path of Yoga is about respecting others and our environment, learning to have compassion for all beings, please follow these simple steps.
- Please leave a space of 2 hours before eating a heavy meal before you practise, or 1 hour for a light meal. A light snack like a banana is fine 30/60mins before
- Yoga is a barefoot practise bring socks for relaxation
- Wear loose comfortable clothing
- Practise without competing with yourself or others.
- Don't judge yourself, be gentle on yourself
- Breathe slowly and smoothly throughout the class
- Stop and rest when needed
- If you have a chronic or acute illness or injury please seek medical advice before practising Yoga
- Yoga is often used as a therapy alongside traditional medicine, Yoga must not be used as a replacement for medication
- Please switch off mobile phones
- Save social conversations for before or after the class
- Please come fresh and clean
- Please arrive promptly and quietly
Honouring Your Studio
- Please when arriving remove outdoor shoes at the door, no shoes on the studio floor at any time
- Please do not wear strong perfume
- Please respect that the class starts on time, when the curtains are closed it is too late to enter.
Honouring Your Teachers
- All Yoga teachers are also yoga practitioners, they also have their own teachers
- It is an ongoing training, most teachers devote their whole lives to learning and sharing the wisdom of the teachings of this ancient practise.
- Yoga is evolving there is no right or wrong way to practise. There is safe and unsafe, if a teacher comes to gently assist you into a different position, it's not too make you look better in the pose but to make you more comfortable and maybe to stop you from injuring yourself.
- I humbly bow to to all my teachers past present and future. Namaste.
Honouring The Practice
Smile... fall in love with yoga, live your yoga, let go and enjoy!