Last updated: May 24th 2018
The Yoga Den is committed to ensuring that any data provided by you is used only in a way that is necessary for us to provide you with our services and in compliance with the law.
Data Controller: Vivien Row - email@example.com
Sometimes its necessary for me to collect information about you.
- What data I collect from you
- How I use the data
- When I will use your details to contact you
- Your choice regarding the data you have shared with me
I am committed to safeguarding your personal data and legally obliged to use your data in line with General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Bill 2018 (GDPR).
1. What data will The Yoga Den collect from me?
Before you participate in a class you will need to fill in a health form. Questions regarding health, age, medical conditions and wellbeing will be asked. This would be classified as special category personal data and is treated as such in line with the GDPR.
You may wish to keep updated for workshops and general updates. Then your name, email address and telephone number will be required.
2. How does The Yoga Den use the data collected from me?
Health form data is collected for me to assess whether you are suitable to participate in the class and to make any adjustments as necessary. This is not shared with any third parties and is protected with two-step verification. Only Vivien Row has access to this information and the only way this data would be shared with a third party is if required by UK law.
Students who have subscribed to The Yoga Den newsletter receive ad-hoc updates from The Yoga Den. This is a list of email addresses and names of students who have opted-in to receiving these updates. Students can opt-out of receiving this newsletter at any time.
3. When will The Yoga Den contact me?
- When you have opted to receive email updates for workshops or inspirations.
- To inform you of any change to class times or cancellation of classes.
- To assist you further should you require it.
4. How long will The Yoga Den keep my personal Info?
- Health forms are kept for 7 years, on advice from my insurance company www.therapistinsurance.co.uk
- Your name, email address & telephone number will be discarded when you unsubscribe.
5. Can I find out what information The Yoga Den holds about me?
Under the GDPR you have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information the studio holds about you. You also have the right to ask for any inaccuracies to be corrected. Please email me to make this request.
Data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with ICO, if they’re unhappy with data processing at The Yoga Den.